To utilise my tracking service, your vessel must have:
If you intend checking in daily using MF/HF radio, the following are also required:
- MMSI (Maritime Mobile Service Identity)
- Class A or Class B AIS transponder (active for the entire passage)
Every person operating an MF/HF radio is required to hold a Maritime Radio Restricted Operator Certificate (MRROC) or equivalent.
- A type approved marine MF/HF transceiver (not a ham radio)
- Maritime Radio Apparatus License
- Maritime Radio Callsign
Complete the following simple steps;
- At least 48 hours prior to departure, file a trip report
- Check in daily whilst on passage
- Contact me to confirm safe arrival at the end of your passage.